This article is for QuickBooks Desktop.When you try to reconnect the company file to the QuickBooks Web Connector on a new computer, you see this message:Error QBWC1039: There was a problem adding the application. Check the QBWCLog.txt for details. Followed by: Error Unique file ID required.Why this is happeningThis error could be caused by either of 2 things:
- The company file has been moved from its original location.
- The un-registration from QuickBooks Web Connector failed.
- You no longer have the same computer and are trying to re-install the web connector on your new setup
Disclaimer: Always complete a back up prior to making major changes to your QB's.Requirements:
- Single-User mode and Admin Access. (Choose File > Switch to Single-user Mode.)
- CP3 Tool
- A Backup and all QB updates completed.
Link to QB's Tool:CP3 tool
How To Fix it:
Note: This only works on the new computer; please don’t attempt on the original computer.
- If you haven’t done so already, download the qbwc file .qwc file for your application:
- From ServiceMonster:
- Version 5: Go to Orders> QuickBooks™ Export > Select the Settings Tab
- Version 6: Go to Marketplace> Quickbooks> Configuration Tab. Select Quickbooks Desktop
- Click the Download Web Connector Configuration File link and save to a location you will remember.
- The file name will be SMQB Service.qwc
- You will want to know where this saves, typically it will go into your downloads.
- Open your QuickBooks Desktop.
- Download the CP3 tool, then select Open.
- Choose Select file, then search for your QWC file. This will put the file in the Enter QBWC file Location. Then select Open.
- Select Remove Stamp.
- In the QuickBooks Application Certificate pop-up, select Yes, whenever this QuickBooks company file is open and then Continue.
- Application Access Request window click Yes.
- On the Access Confirmation window, select Done.
- A message about doing a backup will appear, select OK.
- You’ll get a confirmation that the Owner ID has been removed. Select OK.
- Close the QBWC CP3 Tool
Now you will be able to re-register your QuickBooks. Click here for instructions.For more information you can view the Quickbooks Articles related to these instructions:http://support.quickbooks.intuit.com/support/Articles/SLN41675